Projects are the main organizational element of Timesheet and include personal work and individual or collaborative work for a client or employer. Each project consists of several time entries and has a title, client or employer, description, office location, and color theme. To determine how much time you've spent on a project, sum up all tasks in the project. Then, assign a salary/hour rate to your project for the application to calculate your income or earnings based on your work time.
To avoid project mix-up, classify open or ongoing projects as active and archive completed projects. You can select and run active projects on the Timer. Archived projects are not selectable on the Timer.
The project list shows all projects for each of your teams. You can search a project by title, client, or description and apply a filter to narrow down your search to either active or archived projects.
- To check out the team’s projects, click on a team's name at the top of the table.
- To sort your projects alphabetically, by clients, or total time, click on the gear icon on the right.
- To see a project’s details, click on the project inside the table.
- To edit and delete a project, use the buttons on the right side of the page.
When you delete a project, it will delete all the project's tasks, data, and ToDos. The option to edit or delete projects is only available to team members with Project Permission. If you don’t have permission, the “Edit” and “Delete” buttons are disabled.
The project details page shows all information about the project. You can navigate to sub-pages like Details, ToDos, Tasks, and QR-Code using the tools at the top of the page.
- Details Page: Statistics and project details.
- ToDos: ToDo list of the selected project.
- Tasks: Task list of the selected project.
- QR-Code: QR-Codes to start, stop, pause, and resume the Timer using your device.
Project Details (Tasks)
To create a project, go to Projects and click the “New Project” icon on the top right.
- Input a title, client, office location, and description on the corresponding boxes.
- If you have enabled the team feature, you’ll have to assign the project to a team. Make sure you post to the right team because you cannot change it after creating the project.
- Set a salary/hour rate to calculate the total salary based on the project's hours.
- Select a specific color for the new project.
- If you enable the team feature, you can choose project members from the selected team.
Create a project